A values-driven person who likely has extensive volunteering and/or internship experience with organizations whose mission you are passionate about. You are a young professional or recent graduate struggling to find your first paid job in a nonprofit organization in Canada or with an international NGO. You have been sending out tons of resumés and not getting responses, or getting interviews but not quite landing the job. You are getting a bit disheartened. You don’t want to abandon your dream of building a career that will make a meaningful contribution to society but are starting to look at the other options in order to pay the bills.
HOW WE CAN HELP:
Foot in the Door Consulting can help you take charge of your job search, make yourself stand out and be an outstanding candidate for the causes and organizations that you are most passionate about. We can help you articulate more clearly what you have to offer in a way that will mean something to potential employers. We can also help you create a customized professional development plan that will help you get to where you want to be by realistically identifying areas to develop and pragmatic strategies to achieve this. Our expertise in working with young professionals at the entry stages of careers in civil society, social economy, environmental and social justice sets us apart from other job search and career advice services.
WE PROVIDE TRAINING & COACHING ON:
Getting your foot in the door with a nonprofit organization
- Customized CV and cover letter review and analysis for job applications
- Tools to realistically assess your fit with a position
- Strategies for navigating the nonprofit job search
- Skills training and/or strategies for filling any gaps in your experience
- Making a nonprofit career plan and self analysis: are you right for the sector and is the sector right for you?
- Understanding different non-profit career streams
- What your online presence says about you and how to protect it
Getting the job at a nonprofit organization
- Interview coaching and practice
- Interview follow-up etiquette
- Phone and video interview tips and pitfalls
- Perfecting your professional image
- Coaching and tools for negotiating salary expectations and benefits
Making the nonprofit job work for you
- Tools and training to get oriented to your new role and develop a workplan
- Strategies and training for creating a positive personal framework about your new role and the skills to effectively manage workplace relationships
- Coaching, tools and strategies to increase your resiliency and personal sustainability over your nonprofit career
THE BENEFITS TO YOU:
- An experienced and critical external analysis of your current skills and experience based on your current or past job applications
- Increased competitive edge in your job applications, interviews, salary and benefits negotiations
- Training and/or development of an action plan to help you fill the gaps in your skill set
HOW IT WORKS:
We offer a variety of service delivery options to suit every budget. Options include: one on one coaching or group coaching in-person or online, webinars, customized training programs, workshops and courses.
Contact us and we’ll work with you to develop a plan that matches your needs, budget and availability.