Getting Your Foot in the Door of the Nonprofit Sector
More than half of employees in the nonprofit sector have been with their current employer over five years and almost a third ten or more years. How do you make yourself stand out and break into this sector?
Are you a young professional or recent graduate struggling to find a job in the nonprofit sector in Canada, an overseas internship or contract? Sending out tons of resumes and not getting a response? Getting lots of interviews but not landing the job? If so, this is the workshop will provide you with skills, practice and information to help get your foot in the door!
What to expect:
- An intensive, personalized small group learning experience
- Real-time case study – knowing if you’re right for a job and what you can bring to the table
- Mapping out the sector – understanding the different employment streams and what to expect
- Customized feedback specific to your CV and cover letter
- Interview practice and feedback
- Interview follow-up etiquette
- Phone and video interview tips & pitfalls
- Perfecting your professional image
- How to navigate salary expectations and benefits
- Identifying what your online presence says about you and how to protect it
What you’ll gain:
- Industry insight from people who have been on both sides of the hiring process
- Increased confidence in approaching your job search
- Knowledge of how the industry works and what the options are
- How to be more strategic in your job search
- An opportunity for a free hour of interview coaching or CV review good for six months following the workshop
What to bring:
Bring a copy of your current CV, cover letter and job postings you are interested in. Contact us if you need more information or have any questions.
Two days of your time and a special introductory offer of $295 including HST.
Dates, time and location:
Sign up in What’s New for email updates to be the first to know of upcoming workshops!